Chiropractic and Prenatal Care, say what?
Yes, chiropractic is safe and effective in many ways, especially helping women in all stages of prenatal development. Below is a compiled list of all the reasons to take advantage of our monthly membership, especially, but not limited to, if you are pregnant.
I personally have had the opportunity to help women with many of these symptoms, some I have even experienced myself through my own pregnancies and I utilized Chiropractic for help. I also have many colleagues who have helped many other women along the way, one way or another with one or more of these symptoms during pregnancy!
- Improved mental clarity and health
- Improved balance
- Strengthens the pelvic floor
- Successful vaginal births
- Makes room for baby to go head down
- Helps with insomnia
- Relieving constipation (bowel regulation)
- Control symptoms of nausea
- Less stress and tension = more energy
- Optimal fetal positioning (labor preparation)
- Turn breech baby before delivery
- Remove interference to the nervous system
- Enhance body development
- Enhance uterine function
- Balance pelvis, removing tension of muscles and ligaments
- Relieving back, neck, and joint pain
- Preventing a potential cesarean section
- Carpal Tunnel type symptoms due to forward head posture
- Tilted pelvis, leading to lower back pain and sciatica
- Modified gait due to increased weight distribution can cause SI and hip pain
- Improve immune system
No matter what stage you are in pregnancy, no matter your physical activity, no matter your diet, Chiropractic is here to help your body reach homeostasis. That is always different for each individual, but during pregnancy, Chiropractic can help change, stabilize, move, influence, and boost so many joints, muscles, tissues, organs, and system functions.
As a mom, I encourage Chiropractic throughout all of life, from fetus to 100 plus! Chiropractic is here to help your body perform, act, and maintain at its best, optimal life. You can achieve that through maintenance Chiropractic care and it can start from in the womb. Eating, moving, breathing, talking, playing is definition that the body works all day everyday. With work, the body shifts and changes, grows, expands, moves, crowds in spots, demands a lot of energy to grow a baby, why not give your body and baby the best way to progress?!!
If you are planning to be pregnant, are pregnant, or even post baby and have experienced any of these symptoms, contact me today! Don’t suffer any longer and make sure that you and baby can develop and maintain optimal health!
Dr. Victoria Lau