How you can strive to better your health through chiropractic?
You can strive to better your health through chiropractic by first understanding what it is and the benefits that come with it. Let’s touch on these subjects a little bit.
What is a Chiropractor?
- A chiropractor is a health care professional that is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders, with an emphasis on treatment through manual adjustment, manipulations of the spine and all other parts of the body.
- Most chiropractors seek to reduce pain and improve the functionality of patients as well as to educate them on how they can account for their own health via exercise, diet, ergonomics and other therapies to treat pain and decrease the chances of future injuries.
What are a few of the benefits of chiropractic care?
1. Athletic Performance is high on our list. Both my husband and myself were athletes from childhood to adulthood both of us using chiropractic care to keep us on the field and on the ice. Chiropractic adjustments offer a ton of benefits for athletes. Many professional athletes get regular adjustments to improve their performance levels and decrease the chance for future injuries. With regular chiropractic care an athlete can have a boost of confidence going into games knowing they are at optimal health. Athletes also benefit from immune system increases, energy levels and releasing muscle tension.
2. Pain Management.
Pain management is something we all have been through or have had to deal with in our lives. An adjustment can help treat chronic conditions and improve pain management. Regular adjustments work to prevent, manage injuries and promote healing. The reason is that misalignments can affect nerves, brain signals, immune systems and blood flow. Regular chiropractic treatments can put all these issues in check and have you feeling great.
3. Blood Pressure.
Along with diet and exercise, proper posture has a great impact on one’s health. Studies show that regular adjustments have an effect on patients with hypertension. Chiropractic care in general can lower blood pressure levels.
4. Improved Sleep.
Back and neck pain and other neurological issues typically lead to poor sleep and high stress. Again chiropractic adjustments provide stress relief, pain relief and they are great for improving sleep patterns. Regular adjustments have also proven effective in treating children who suffer from chronic bed-wetting and cauliky symptoms.
5. Headache Relief.
Most people who have frequent headaches experience what is called a tension headache. A tension headache is a minor form of chronic pain. Regular chiropractic adjustments work great to combat against headaches and migraines. Victory Chiropractic and Wellness is a great natural treatment for any stress-induced pain.
Now that we have touched on the what and a few of the benefits, we can go further and discuss how a chiropractor can help you strive to better your health through chiropractic. It is my opinion that chiropractors are the blunt truth of the health care world. Chiropractors haven’t and aren’t in the market to lie to you, sell you on lifetime medications, sell you on unnecessary treatments, upcharge your treatments or request surgeries that could be prevented otherwise. Chiropractors in my opinion are the only outlet anymore that truly believes in bettering your health through the services that they provide all the way down to advising you on diet, nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices. Doing all of this because they care about you.
How can a chiropractor help you strive to better you health through chiropractic care?
1. A chiropractor is a great source of honest information. They will always discuss your health and lay out an effective plan to get it back on track. Your chiropractor will have a tailored plan and recommendations for you.
2. A lot of times nutrition is a major cause of our heath issues. A good chiropractor that believes in health will always have great recommendations for you. These may include supplements, real whole foods, and things to avoid. For instance there are foods that promote inflammation, and that is one leading cause of discomfort in our lives. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone knew how to help you avoid some discomfort?
3. Your chiropractor will always advise you on preventive care that will save you from long term chronic conditions.
4. Your chiropractor is truly invested in your well-being. You chiropractor is concerned with yo on a personal level. If you have pain they want you well. They always want you to feel better and do better every single day. You’re not just a number to your chiropractor.
5. Your chiropractor is your most inexpensive form of healthcare. But when you look at what it is chiropractors do for you, you will know that the value is second to none. Knowing you are being guided by someone who truly cares for you is an amazing feeling.
Your chiropractor will help you strive for great health through honest information, knowledgeable guidance and the pure connections they build. You can trust your chiropractor is your number one fan in health.
I am Dr. Victoria Lau and I practice here in West Fargo North Dakota.